Friday, February 2, 2007

Minimed order update

As most of you could imagine, I'm very excited to get this new paradigm CGMS. I ordered the unit on December 19th and am anxiously waiting. Since I had a couple of extra minutes, I decided to call MiniMed customer service.
Let me explain something, during the entire process of getting a new or upgraded pump, customer service was very helpful, timely, and sent confirmations / receipts to my house.
However, this process has been quite opposite, and has begun to turn me off (even prior to getting the new unit). The best way I can describe this process is "sterile". After completing the registration and payment options online, all I got was a web page saying thank you for my order. That is it. Let me repeat. That is it!!!!!!!

Boy for having to pay nearly $1000 out of pocket for the pump, $350 a month for glucose sensors, and $900 every 6-9 months for a new battery charged transmitter, I'd think that medtronic would be kissing my butt! Best of all, NO insurance coverage on these new supplies.

On the phone, the representative told me I would receive nothing in the mail regarding confirmation, and no update as to the ship date. All I will hear, is when the unit is ready to ship. As of right now, they say there is a MINIMUM of 3 months to wait. What that really means, is that it could take much longer than 3 months.

I'd at least like a receipt, or a thank you letter in the mail. Call me crazy.
Well, I've now been waiting over 6 weeks since my order...I hope I like this thing when it comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home