Tuesday, July 10, 2007

First A1C

Just went to my doctor and received the results of my A1C. In just 2 months, I dropped my value from a 7.5 to a 6.9. This is incredible to me. I was also one of the first patients my doctor has on the CGMS, and we was able to review my new daily reports with ease. He offered suggestions that would not have been possible without knowing your values every 5 minutes.

The coolest thing I have noticed is my levels during exercise. I've begun to roadbike in the morning. I assumed that my levels would drop heavily during biking. What I've uncovered is excactly the opposite. If I started biking at a 140 glucose, my levels would actually rise a bit and level off. For some reason, after biking 10 miles, my body doesn't drop in glucose.

I will also begin to share my experience with trying to get my insurance company to pay for the sensors. They are just getting submitted this week. I'm able to use a sensor for about 7 days, but havent' been able to go much longer than that. This allows me to spend only $150 a month on 4 sensors. Not bad for the freedom it delivers.
Please leave a comment if you'd like to share your thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home