Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sensors are on Backorder?

Well, this is not good. I just placed an order for a refill of minimed Medtronic glucose sensors for my Minimed Real Time system (CGMS). Minimed just notified me that the sensors are on BACKORDER...yes you heard me correctly....BACKORDER! One more time... a medical device supply is on BACKORDER. The personal sales representative had NO idea on when they would be available, but thought it could be a month or so.

Anyone that is seriously considering moving to a real time glucose system, should really think twice about Minimed. I have to admit, I've been very pleased with the unit itself, but what good is the unit, if you can't get the sensors.

Not only did I sit on a three month waiting list to get the sensors in the first place, now it appears that Minimed can't keep up with demand. I cannot express in words, how unhappy and frustrated I am with this. If you can't service your existing customers with supplies, then stop selling new units.

Here is the other insane aspect of this: The battery transmitter is only good for 6 months, and after than timeframe it begins to loss the ability to hold an charge. I will now have a possible one month timeframe gap, of when my transmitter will be sitting idle awaiting more sensors. Even more frustrating, is that once your transmitter die's, you have to spend $900 on a new one. Don't forget the fact, that I also pay about $200 a month out of my own pocket for the glucose sensors.

I currently have a call to Minimed management to address my concern. I will keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home