Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A1C dropped to lowest ever....6.8

Just visited the doctor today, my A1C results showed a 6.8. Since April, I've been able to drop my A1c from a 7.3 to a 6.8 by using my CGMS (continuous glucose monitor).
Now, my doctor and I are beginning to fine tune my regimen. My doctor is a older gentlemen that is very intelligent. Together, he is getting used to reading my weekly charts that outline my 288 readings per day. This is very exciting.
Case in point, I'm finding my 3 hour after meals is elevated. We are now working on adjusting my eating habits and my basal rates. The image below shows the reports from my minimed unit. Each colored line is one day, and this graph is from one full week.




3 Comments:

At September 9, 2007 at 10:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on the A1C! That's terrific.

And good luck as you continue working on the fine-tuning.

I just started with the Medtronic CGM about 2 weeks ago. Am still in the learning curve, but am hoping I'll get better at using it and ultimately yank my A1Cs down from 7.3.

 
At October 10, 2007 at 7:27 PM , Blogger Bernard said...

Congratulations on your A1C value, that's very exciting.

I'm curious. Are you using Symlin at all? I think that contributed to my recent 7.0 value and I'm hoping to get to 6.5 by years end.

 
At November 14, 2009 at 7:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home